Niagara Falls Castings (UK) Ltd
Large Range of Mounts and Findings
Casting Gallery 1
This gallery shows the casting process from the point where waxes have been assembled onto casting 'trees' to the final cast tree ready for cutting, sorting and inspection
1. Waxes are sorted according to the metal and temperature that they are to be cast at and assembled onto 'trees'.
2. The casting trees are encased in a metal flask ready for 'investing'.
3. The flasks are filled with investment in a vacuum investment mixer.
4. Metal is melted in an induction melting machine.
5. The metal is poured into the flask.
7. Flasks are allowed to cool for 15 minutes before quenching.
8. The flask is plunged into a trough of water to remove some of the investment.
9. The button can be seen - the tree is ready to be removed from the flask.
10. The cast tree is removed from the flask.
11. The cast tree is sprayed with a high pressure water jet before being cleaned in an acid bath.